The land of a thousand forests and lakes and that of the Santa Claus, Finland is one of the best International study destinations both in terms of the quality of its universities and the innovation inducing atmosphere it offers. With the quality of life offered, coupled with the tag one of the safest countries in the world, and a richly endowed nature with four distinct seasons, Finland is too irresistible a study destination.
- Capital and largest city: Helsinki
- Government - Constitutional republic
- Currency: Euro
- Country calling code- + 358
- Climate - Northern temperate
- Official languages: Finnish, Swedish
- Population 5.5 million ?(2017)
- GDP per capita 43,090.25 USD ?(2016
- Major Industry – Electronics, machinery, automobile, Engineered metal products, chemicals, timber and several mineral.
WHY STUDY IN FINLAND
- An affordable study destination
- Home to some of the world’s finest universities
- Country with one of the highest social progress index
- Over 300 international study programs available in English
- Offers excellent opportunity for innovations
- One of the most peaceful and sustainable country of the world
- One of the healthiest eco systems of the world (Environmental performance index 2016)
- Study programs with close collaboration with Industry and business
- Excellent opportunity to explore some of the breath taking Scandinavian destinations
In Finland there are two types of higher educational sectors, universities and polytechnics (also known as universities of applied sciences). Polytechnics provide vocational education whereas universities offer academic and research based education.
- Minimum tuition for English-taught degree: 1,500 EUR/year (approx)
- Average tuition fees English-taught: 10,000 – 16,000 EUR/year (approx)
- August-September and January-February
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
School-leaving certificate and SAT score
Bachelors or an equal three-year undergraduate degree in a relevant field. It is not usually possible to apply to Master’s level with ‘certificate’ or ‘diploma’ level qualifications
COST OF LIVING
- 160- 380 EUR (Shared Apartments) & Single Apartment cost more.
- Transportation - A public transportation pass for students is between 35 and 50 EUR/month, depending on the city
- Food Expenses- around 260 EUR/month.
Foreign get work permit automatically which allows them to work up to 20 hours per week during terms and full time during holidays.
POST STUDY WORK VISA RIGHTS
- 1 year