Latvia is a country with varied landscapes, sprawling cities and age-old cultural traditions. Latvia offers students, the best in world class education, both in terms of streams and diversity of study programs. With one of the fastest growing economies in the European Union, the Latvian business sectors are buoyant, offering great opportunities to international students. And mind you, all these come at a fraction of the cost that one would usually associate with overseas studies.
- National name Republic of Latvia (Latvian: Latvijas Republika),
- Capital – Riga
- Monetary unit: euro
- Telephone code-+371
- Main cities - Riga, Daugavpils, Vec- Liepaja, Liepaja, Jelgava,
- Official language –Latvian
- Climate - Warm temperate humid climate
WHY STUDY IN LATVIA?
- Multi-ethnic country with rich cultural and education traditions
- World class higher education system
- Majority programs taught in English
- Safe and welcoming country
- Affordable tuition fees and living cost
- Qualifications accepted across EU
- Curriculum with global perspective
- Attractive stay back and work rights
- One of the strongest economies in EU
HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM IN LATVIA
Universities and other higher education institutions run both academic and professional programs Bachelor’s (bakalaurs) and master’s (magistrs) in both academic and professional higher education programs.
Academic Bachelor studies course duration - 6 - 8 semesters (3-4 years).
Academic Master Studies course duration - 4 semesters (2 years
Professional Bachelors studies course duration - 8 semesters (4 years).
Professional master’s studies course duration - 2-4 semesters (1-2 years).
COST OF STUDY
3500 Euro (2.6 Lacs)
COST OF LIVING
Rs. 15,000/-per month
PART TIME WORK RIGHT